Tuesday, August 27, 2019

puzzling out Day 1

Here's a map that shows there's actually a rail station close to the starting point of my walk (click to enlarge to its 1000-pixel width):


Above, you see the large information box indicating the Cheongna International City Rail Station, which is on the Gonghang Cheoldo, i.e., the Airport Rail Line. One stop away, to the east, is Geomam Station (검암역, not visible on the above map), which is a bit more than three kilometers away from the Techno Motel (also not visible above), where I'll be spending the night. So the plan is to walk out to Geomam Station as early in the morning as I can, take the train a single stop to Cheongna, then walk about 2.2 kilometers to the Gukto Jongju's starting point (the blue map pin, way over at the extreme left of the map). This is going to add a bit more than five kilometers' walking to my route for the day, but I'm not complaining: I've walked nearly 60 km in a 24-hour period, so doing 34 km or so will be nothing; if anything, it'll be a good, robust start to the walk.

Taking the train out to my starting point will save me the usual W22,000 fare I normally pay: cabbies always take a circuitous route from the path's starting point to the Techno Motel; the rail is much more direct.

Day 1 logistics: solved and sorted.



2 comments:

  1. That worked out well. Could be a sign that this hike has been blessed by the universal forces of nature. Or God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping those cosmic divinities/forces also make my walk minimally rainy. Nothing worse than an all-day cold rain to sap the morale.

    Thanks for the encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS