Tuesday, August 20, 2019

route map

Here's an updated map that shows the route I'll be taking (same as in 2017), as well as the now-completed east-coast route that I hope one day to walk. That route's official name is the Donghaean Jajeongeo-gil (동해안 자전거길, i.e., the East Sea Coastal Bike Path, found here).


To review: my path will begin in Incheon (인천), pass through Seoul (서울), turn south to follow the South Han River (남한강), continue south along the Saejae Trail (새재길), then go for 300-some kilometers along the Nakdong River Path (낙동강길). If you look closely at the map, you'll see that the Nakdong River portion is labeled as 389 km long, but you can also see that it begins somewhat away from the Saejae Path, i.e., I don't pick up the Nakdong trail at its starting point. This is why I say "300-some kilometers."

ADDENDUM: Paul Carver (Daeguowl) writes in to tell me the above map is out of date, but for my purposes, it shows the completed east-coast trail (finished in 2017, the year of my previous trans-Korea walk), which is what matters. Paul emailed me a slew of PDF maps of all sorts of biking/walking routes, so I now have possible routes coming out of my ears—plenty to occupy me for the rest of my life in Korea, however long that might be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS