Tuesday, August 27, 2019

total distance: now that's more like it!

I had thought the total distance of my upcoming walk would be 570-some kilometers, mainly because I'm planning to skip all the certification centers this time around, which I thought might cut down my overall mileage. Turns out that that figure was an error caused by some bad data-entry: the formula inside the spreadsheet cell where my total distance was being calculated didn't include the first two days of the walk! Duh. So I corrected the problem, and my new distance total is 635.77 km, which makes more sense, and which also includes a couple extra kilometers walked on the very first day. The official distance of the Four Rivers Path is supposed to be 633 km. By skipping the cert centers, I'm not saving much distance at all, and by walking an extra 5 or so kilometers on Day 1, the total distance evens out to approximately the official distance. Woo-hoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS