Gonna keep this one brief. I'm exhausted.
The walk was suddenly 33 km, not 32, according to Naver Map this morning. And I felt every meter of that trek. Terrain was fairly flat; the weather was once again gorgeous. Feet ached and screamed, as per usual, but I survived. The final 5 km were marked by an unpleasant smell of gas fumes (or some kind of fumes), so that was a bummer. The walk took exactly 11 hours, thus putting me at exactly 3 kph. This average speed includes time for rest breaks totaling about an hour. I'm glad to be stopping for two nights. My feet need the rest.
Yesterday's stats:
Today's stats:
I went from 260-ish kilometers to my final destination to almost exactly 230 km. I've officially walked just over 400 km. I've also acquired a new blister, this one on my left heel, which strikes me as an odd place for a blister.
Here are some scattered pics from today:
Expect more details tomorrow morning.
Photo essay:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
POPULAR POSTS
-
The good news is that I'm still alive. The bad news is that, when I started out from the Baro Hotel in Hanam City yesterday, something ...
-
I was expecting to average 3 kph and arrive at around 4 p.m. Instead, here I am, and it's not even 1 p.m. Will sit here a bit, nurs...
-
To be frank, Day 1 of the walk was kind of brutal. I ended up popping two Advil caps about halfway through the walk, and I'm pretty sur...


































































Survival is the best form of victory! Glad you made it through the day. Enjoy your well-earned rest!
ReplyDelete