Monday, October 14, 2019

Day 17, Leg 15

Gonna keep this one brief. I'm exhausted.

The walk was suddenly 33 km, not 32, according to Naver Map this morning. And I felt every meter of that trek. Terrain was fairly flat; the weather was once again gorgeous. Feet ached and screamed, as per usual, but I survived. The final 5 km were marked by an unpleasant smell of gas fumes (or some kind of fumes), so that was a bummer. The walk took exactly 11 hours, thus putting me at exactly 3 kph. This average speed includes time for rest breaks totaling about an hour. I'm glad to be stopping for two nights. My feet need the rest.

Yesterday's stats:


Today's stats:


I went from 260-ish kilometers to my final destination to almost exactly 230 km. I've officially walked just over 400 km. I've also acquired a new blister, this one on my left heel, which strikes me as an odd place for a blister.

Here are some scattered pics from today:











Expect more details tomorrow morning.

Photo essay:



























































1 comment:

  1. Survival is the best form of victory! Glad you made it through the day. Enjoy your well-earned rest!

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS