Friday, October 25, 2019

tomorrow's walk: final leg

Tomorrow's route looks like this:


Pretty much a straight shot almost due south from where I am. The first part of tomorrow's walk features a beautiful, wide-open park. Things start to get ugly and less-well-maintained as we approach Busan. The distance markers finally become accurate in their countdown to the estuary. Bikers tend not to acknowledge your attempts at greeting them on the trail. And then you reach the end, where you can savor your 633K accomplishment and just enjoy being alive. Am looking forward to that.



2 comments:

  1. What am amazing (ride)! Maybe trail would be the better term. Not quite as spontaneous as the pioneering 2017 journey, but epic nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as spontaneous, for sure, but there were enough difficulties and differences thrown into my path to keep me on my toes. Besides, you can't expect a 633K trek to be exactly the same every time you do it, right? That said, this was, in many ways, a return to the familiar, but that fact merely served to make the route feel like an old friend. I'd like to try the coastal path at some point, but I doubt I can get permission from my boss to be gone that long. (It's a 720K stretch!)

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS