Tuesday, September 10, 2019

differences in documentation

One major difference in the way I'll be documenting this upcoming walk is that I plan to make it more reader-friendly by posting only one entry per day, with all photos and all walk-related thoughts appearing in the same post. When I look back over my 2017 travelogue, I can see how readers might get confused about which photos applied to which day, which leg of the trip I was referring to, and so on. As I walked last time around, I did several "pic dumps" and even "thought dumps" per day, and even though I did my best to be clear about which day/leg I was blogging about, the reader shouldn't be blamed for getting confused.

Another reason why I'm doing a single post per day is that my Blogger app has crapped out on me: for whatever reason, the app no longer works on my phone, even after uninstalling and reinstalling it. This means I have to rely on using Blogger through my phone's Chrome browser, which is a pain in the ass, given how tiny the lettering is. True, I can zoom in and out as needed, but zooming in while typing means I see only ten letters at a time before my typing trails off beyond the edge of the screen, and I have to repeatedly scroll/drag the screen sideways to catch up to my wayward cursor. The point is that, without the Blogger app, I can no longer casually upload my "pic dumps," which means it's probably better just to upload pics along with journal text since pic-uploading must now happen the same way as text-publishing.

Luckily, Blogger works fine on my phone, otherwise: I can upload photos to blog posts just fine, although I have to squint and edit the HTML to make sure the pics are spaced the way I want them to be. I did exactly this last year in France, though, so this procedure isn't new to me. I'll be doing little more than lying in bed for hours at the end of each walking day, letting my screaming feet rest, so futzing around with my phone is a good way to pass the time... assuming I don't fall asleep mid-sentence while typing or uploading something.

Deep, ominous thunder outside the office right now. Not sure if I'll do my planned long walk tonight. Might save that for Chuseok.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS