Friday, September 27, 2019

when next I write, I'll be in Incheon

So I'm going to knock off from work around 7 p.m. I'll go to my place, do a final gear check from my checklist, then head out by subway on the long trip out to Geomam Station in Incheon. From the station, it's a 3-kilometer uphill walk to the Techno Motel, which means it'll be a pleasant, three-kilometer downhill walk the following morning. I'll train out to the shore, and then it's about 15 km along the Ara Canal before I hit the Han River and head east. Day 1's route takes me to the Gayang Bridge in western Seoul; I'll dip into town and stop for the night there, then Day 2 will be the trudge back to my apartment, after which it's onward to Hanam City and Yangpyeong.

My company's HR department just called to say that the maintenance people did get my text message from last night (regarding the toilet repair's not having been finished), and they were willing to send the maintenance guy back to my place on Saturday. I've already changed my door code, and I'm going to be gone for a month starting tonight, so I told HR not to bother sending the plumber to complete the repair: I'll repair the toilet myself once I get back to Seoul. I'm not angry about the problem anymore; the prospect of fixing the toilet myself is kind of something to look forward to—a new learning experience, not to mention a new skill to add to my weird and varied repertoire of skills. And for the sake of my mental state, it's better to start my vacation happy and not angry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS