Tuesday, September 17, 2019

footwear has arrived

My Amazon orders of liner socks (thanks again for the suggestion, Curious George) and orthotic insoles have arrived. The liner socks look and feel suspiciously like the REI socks I had bought back in 2008, which makes me wonder whether I had inadvertently bought liner socks back then, but had used them as my primary socks (they worked just fine in that role, I'll have you know). I've only palpated the liner socks up to this point; I haven't yet tried them on. That'll happen soon, when I do another shakedown hike along the Tan Creek again. I am, however, wearing my orthotic insoles as I write this entry.


The insoles slid perfectly into my shoes and are comfortable so far, but they're supporting the wrong part of my arch: it'd be nice if the support were about 1.5 inches forward. This isn't causing any problems yet, but I've worn the orthotics for only a few hundred steps, which is nothing. I'll definitely have to wear them on the next long practice hike to see whether this is going to be a problem for the big walk. If the insoles are causing pain instead of alleviating pain, then I can't take them along with me, however highly they might have been recommended by (paid?) doctors and Amazon customers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS