Thursday, September 26, 2019

updates on Leukotape and toilet

The good news: the Leukotape arrived! On the GMarket site, where I ordered the tape, the package-tracking information showed zero movement until yesterday, September 25. Then, suddenly, the package leaped into motion and went from "preparing to ship" to "delivered!" in the space of 24 hours. A miracle! I assume that part of the reason for the lack of motion was that the package wasn't trackable by the Korea-based website until it passed through Korean Customs and was picked up by a Korean delivery service. Anyway, the tape is here, so that much is right with the world.


And now, the bad news: I don't know what the fuck happened with my toilet. It looks as though the plumber came, threw out the broken chunks of sealant, and did nothing else. Here's a pic of the toilet's damage before I reported the problem to building maintenance:


And here's what things looked like when I got back home tonight:



So it looks as if nothing was done, except that the plumber threw away the loose chunks of sealant. I've texted the maintenance office to ask whether the plumber is coming back, but there's been no answer yet. I'll give the maintenance office a call and see what the hell is up. This isn't the sort of problem you want to have hanging over your head while you're gone for a month.

UPDATE: I've tried calling several times tonight, but there's no answer. I know someone's there because Kakao allows you to see when someone has received your text message, and someone did see my text message. Conclusion: the maintenance guy is acting French and trying to avoid me. Fucker. I'll try again tomorrow morning. In theory, I don't need to be in my apartment for the repair to occur... although giving the plumber access to my apartment by giving him my door code kind of creeps me out. I'll be gone for a month, and the dude can theoretically do anything inside my apartment.



2 comments:

  1. He can do anything in your apartment EXCEPT fix the damn toilet. Apparently.

    Well, hopefully it is repaired by the time you get back home for your overnight. Can you change your door code then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that I'll just change my door code now and fix the toilet myself when I get back in late October.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS