Thursday, September 12, 2019

packing tonight and other to-dos

I have very little to do today aside from load up my backpack for tomorrow's and Saturday's hikes. I'm very curious to see what my pack's weight will be; I'm hoping it's under 12 kg, as I'll be taking only the essentials and zero food with me. Food won't be an issue: with my blubber, I can afford to starve a few days before weakness and fatigue set in, and besides, I ought to be done with each day's hike by around 3 p.m., so I'll eat a late lunch when I'm back at my apartment building. There's zero chance of real starvation.

As for what remains to be done, prep-wise, for the big walk: aside from waiting for my final travel items to arrive, all I have left is some clerical stuff. I want to buy some sticky printer paper, print out the information for each leg of the route, and stick that information inside my Moleskine. This will make it easier to know when I need to call ahead to reserve a room in a pension or guest house (although, if you read my previous adventure, you'll know I'm generally avoiding guest houses except for the first one on my route). I'll be formatting all that information into the proper form soon, and I might go hunting for sticky printer paper this coming Sunday.

There's really not much else to do—just lose a bit of weight, do some more practice walks, and wait for the start day of my vacation to arrive.



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS