Friday, September 27, 2019

how I'm resolving the terlit issue

I think the maintenance office is ghosting me. They're ignoring my many calls, and it now seems clear that nothing more is going to be done about repairing my toilet. I've been told by two different sources that I need to look into the toilet's wax seal, and to that end, I've watched two very useful YouTube videos about how to rectify that issue. One of the two videos noted that, once a wax seal is deformed, it can't revert to its original shape, so it might be better to switch to a foam-rubber seal, which I'm seriously considering doing.

Anyway, the toilet's current state is what it is, and I view this as an opportunity to flex my very atrophied handyman muscles. I'll take one commenter's advice and shut off my water valve for the duration of my walk, and when I'm back at my place at the end of October, I'll effect repairs then.

While it pisses me off that the plumber basically half-assed this job, I see this as a chance for me to learn something practical and to increase my own autonomy. God knows I hate depending on other people, especially when they tend to fuck things up. If you want something done right...

[And just FYI: I've changed my door code.]



No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE TO BE CIVIL, SUCCINCT, AND RELEVANT.
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL BE DELETED.

POPULAR POSTS